PADI Wreck Diver
Click for Schedule and Availability
Who should take this course? (precourses needed etc)
- Whether purpose-sunk as an artificial reef for scuba divers, or lost as the result of an accident, wrecks are fascinating windows to the past. Ships, airplanes and even cars are fascinating to explore and usually teem with aquatic life. Each wreck dive offers a chance for discovery, potentially unlocking a mystery or spying something others have missed. The PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course is popular because it offers rewarding adventures while observing responsible wreck diving practices.
- You must be Advanced Open water Diver
you must be at least 15 years old and have earned a PADI Advanced/Adventure Diver certification or higher
Max of 8 students per instructor unless 10-11 year old in class than Max is 4 students
Must complete 4 open water dives over 2 days.
What will you learn? (Details of course)
There are many different types of wrecks, some of which are protected by laws that guard their historical and cultural significance. Your training starts by reviewing guidelines for researching and respecting wrecks. During four dives you’ll learn: Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks. Surveying and mapping a wreck. Using penetration lines and reels to guide exploration. Techniques to avoid kicking up silt or disturbing the wreck and its inhabitants.
What extra will you need? (needed and provided)
You'll need your basic scuba equipment, plus a dive light to see into the wreck, a slate and underwater compass for mapping and navigation, and a line and reel for practicing wreck penetration.
Next Step (sign up details, forms, etc)
- Sign up Online, Call Scuba Monkey or Blue Lagoon (352-518-6323)
- Reservations are only held when paid in full, $25 dollar rescheduling fee if start day is with 2 weeks,
- You will need to have a Medical release signed by a doctor if "Yes" in indicated on any line items.