PADI Search & Recovery
Click for Schedule and Availability
Who should take this course? (precourses needed etc)
- It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
- Must complete 4 open water dives over 2 days.
What will you learn? (Details of course)
- Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn. During four scuba dives you’ll practice: Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation. Locating large and small objects using various search patterns. Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods. Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
What extra will you need? (needed and provided)
- Besides your basic scuba equipment, you'll need a compass and underwater slate.
Next Step (sign up details, forms, etc)
- Sign up Online, Call Scuba Monkey or Blue Lagoon (352-518-6323)
- Reservations are only held when paid in full, $25 dollar rescheduling fee if start day is with 2 weeks,
- You will need to have a Medical release signed by a doctor if "Yes" in indicated on any line items.