PADI Rescue Diver
Who should take this course? (precourses needed etc)
- Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
- You must be Open Water Certified
PADI (Junior) Adventure Divers who are at least 12 years old and have completed the Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive may enroll in a Rescue Diver course. You also need to have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
Max of 8 students per instructor unless 10-11 year old in class than Max is 4 students
Classroom and Confined Water Completed at Scuba Monkey Dive Center, Open water completed at Local Springs.
Knowledge Development, independent study (approx) 10hrs, classroom 6hrs or Knowledge Development, online - 10hrs, Confined and Open Water 8hrs over the course of 2 days.
What will you learn? (Details of course)
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include: Self rescue,Recognizing and managing stress in other divers,Emergency management and equipment,Rescuing panicked divers,Rescuing unresponsive divers
What extra will you need? (needed and provided)
If dives require a boat charter to accomplish this fee is extra normally done in springs and require only a entrance fee, All required dive gear (Regulator, Octo, SPG, BCD, Mask Fins Snorkel, Wetsuit (if conditions require), Lights & Glow sticks (night, wreck or Cavern), Safety Whistle, Safety Signal (boat dives), Compass, Tanks, Dive Computer with Nitrox. Provided-Books and Rescue Pocket Mask, Class needed rescue gear (O2 Kit, throw devices etc)
Next Step (sign up details, forms, etc)
- Sign up Online, Call Scuba Monkey or Blue Lagoon (352-518-6323)
- Reservations are only held when paid in full, $25 dollar rescheduling fee if start day is with 2 weeks,
- You will need to have a Medical release signed by a doctor if "Yes" in indicated on any line items.