PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider
Who should take this course? (precourses needed etc)
- Knowing how and when to use emergency oxygen is a great skill to have and means you’re ready to help others should the need arise. Becoming a PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider lets you breathe easy knowing that you can recognize Decompression, Stroke, Heart attack illnesses or trauma and how to treat with emergency oxygen.There are no prerequisites, age restrictions or water sessions required for this course – it’s open to everyone. Scuba divers, snorkelers and anyone who is around divers – boat crew, lifeguards, etc., risk of heart attack, stroke or risk of exposure to trauma will benefit from having this training. Certification also permits you to have a Oxygen bottle refilled with 100% Oxygen.
- Class length is approximately 3 hours, classroom only.
What will you learn? (Details of course)
You’ll learn about dive injuries, Stroke, Trauma, different types of emergency oxygen equipment and safety considerations when using oxygen. Then you’ll practice:
- Assembling and disassembling emergency oxygen equipment.
- Deploying a non-rebreather mask and a demand inhalator valve on a patient.
- Using a pocket mask on a non-breathing victim.
What extra will you need? (needed and provided)
- We have emergency oxygen units available to use for training and Scuba Monkey can help you purchase your own unit for use after the class. We provide Oxygen provider training material.
Next Step (sign up details, forms, etc)
- Sign up Online, Call Scuba Monkey or Blue Lagoon (352-518-6323)
- Reservations are only held when paid in full, $25 dollar rescheduling fee if start day is within 2 weeks.