PADI Drift Diver
Who should take this course? (precourses needed etc)
- The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course teaches you how to enjoy going with the flow as you scuba dive down rivers and use ocean currents to glide along. It feels like flying – except that you’re underwater using scuba equipment. Drift diving can be relaxing and exhilarating at the same time. If this sound like fun, then the Drift Diver course is for you.
- You must be Open water Certified
- Must complete 2 open water dives.
What will you learn? (Details of course)
- Along with drift diving techniques and procedures, you’ll:
- Get an overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects.
- Practice with buoyancy control, navigation and communication during two drift dives.
- Learn techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group as you float with the current.
What extra will you need? (needed and provided)
- Along with your basic scuba equipment, you'll learn to use various surface marker buoys and floats with lines and reels.
Next Step (sign up details, forms, etc)
- Sign up Online, Call Scuba Monkey or Blue Lagoon (352-518-6323)
- Reservations are only held when paid in full, $25 dollar rescheduling fee if start day is with 2 weeks,
- You will need to have a Medical release signed by a doctor if "Yes" in indicated on any line items.