PADI Coral Reef Conservation Diver
Click for Schedule and Availability
Who should take this course? (precourses needed etc)
- Everyone likes to scuba dive or snorkel in warm, clear water on a vibrant coral reef, yet many people know little about what they’re seeing or the importance of reef ecosystems. The AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course helps you appreciate the complexity of these habitats and teaches you how you can help conserve these vital systems.
- Classroom 4 - 6 hours. Must complete 2 open water dives.
What will you learn? (Details of course)
- Through classroom discussions, you learn: How coral reefs function and the complex nature of life on a reef. Why coral reefs are so important. Why many coral reefs are in serious trouble. What you can do to prevent further decline. How Project AWARE unites divers and water enthusiasts to make a difference.
What extra will you need? (needed and provided)
- You’ll want a slate to record what you see.
Next Step (sign up details, forms, etc)
- Sign up Online, Call Scuba Monkey or Blue Lagoon (352-518-6323)
- Reservations are only held when paid in full, $25 dollar rescheduling fee if start day is with 2 weeks,
- You will need to have a Medical release signed by a doctor if "Yes" in indicated on any line items.